Merry Christmas & Thanks for a Great Year

We met last night for our annual Christmas party at Loretta's house. She graciously opened her beautifully decorated home to us for an evening of delicious holiday treats and fellowship. We have planned an exciting selection of books to read which are listed on the sidebar calendar for 2010. Cindy brought a list of banned books some of which we chose to read and, to our surprise, realized that many books we've chosen in the past have also been on the banned list. We weren't sure if this makes our group especially deviant or controversial, but we will continue to read and enjoy stimulating and enlightening discussions in the year ahead.

Alas, I have not kept up with the monthly blog as I'd hoped. Sometime around the beginning of summer I fell behind and hardly read any of the books for the third and fourth quarter of the year. But now with a full schedule of terrific books for the coming year I'll have an added incentive to keep up with book club blogging for the coming year. If any of you are taking time to read this, I'd love to hear your comments or just say "hi." If nothing else, its a nice way for me to keep a record of my reading.

Comments

Popular Posts